Friday, July 8, 2011

Lemons, Lemonade, and the Bitter Bright Side

Well, I've certainly been off track, haven't I?  The law school finals, the graduation, the weddings, the bar study classes; they've served admirably as the the greatest excuses in my life for the eating and not working out that have resulted in my personal best for weight gain.

But as I find myself panicking with the bar exam far too near in the future, I am finally reversing the excuses - working out and cooking healthy meals is now my way to briefly excuse myself from studying.  (And of course blogging about it serves the same purpose.)  It's an excuse, yes, but it's a structured and necessary excuse.  My first year of law school, I was on a steady workout kick before and during exams, and it worked wonders.  I slept like a baby and forgot about my usually looming-large largeness insecurities (replaced, of course, with my holy-crap-what-the-hell-is-a-fee-tail insecurities).  So here I am, full circle (still don't know what a fee tail is), hoping to apply something other than studying that will help me live through this.  Don't get me wrong, the hour I spent on the treadmill this morning I spent staring at notes -- but in all honesty I can't say it's valuable study time when it takes 10 minutes to get through one bouncingbouncingbouncing page.  But it's worth it because I can't live with myself unless I'm studying 12 hours a day for this though my brain only holds up well for 8 hours of studying.

And a note about all the melodrama: This is for me--I'm writing to take a break and to self-medicate.  I know I'm whining - sue me.  But honestly, the bar is the first thing in all of law school that has truly lived up to the hype of being as awful as everyone says it is.  With that, back to making charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment